I was intrigued a few years ago when I saw that MM.LaFleur was selling “sheer opaque tights” for, essentially, people who want the look of pantyhose but the durability of tights. Interestingly, the options have only multiplied since, so I thought it might be an interesting coffee break discussion. Particularly this winter, when you’re just dressing for yourself and probably doing so in a more casual way, are tights playing a bigger role? Are you intrigued by the idea of nude-for-you tights or even nude fishnets?
Truthfully, the product that caught my eye was these fishnets, from a company called Nude Barre. I have personally avoided fishnets for years (especially since readers strongly opined that fishnets are not acceptable for conservative offices) — but fishnets do have a lot to recommend them if you’re in a more casual space.
They’re often more durable, harder to rip, easier to pull on, and they add just a slight color to your regular legs. From far away, they probably do look a bit like hose — but up close they just look textured and a little bit cool. In fall and spring, for those weird days where neither bare legs nor tights are acceptable, fishnets fill the gap. They also can be a great option if you’re wondering what color tights to wear with a navy skirt.
In any event, I’m intrigued to see multiple colors of beige fishnets — pictured are caramel, tapioca cream, and ivory cream; they’re available in sizes XS-XXL for $33 at ShopBop.
The brand also makes opaque tights in five different skin tones, and Commando is also in the game with “sheer tights” and black and “buff” fishnet tights.
If you’re looking for darker skin tones, Nubian Skin offers some sheer tights, as does Etsy seller Sheer Chemistry.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (11/16/20):
- Loft – Up to 75% off
- J.Crew – 35% off your purchase (45% off for Rewards members)
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Ann Taylor – 60% off 3+ items; 50% off 2 items; 40% off 1 item (ends today)
- Banana Republic – 40% off everything
- Nordstrom – New markdowns up to 40% off!
- Express – 30% off everything
- Lo & Sons – Up to 60% off select styles & 6-month return policy
Reader Favorites on Sale:
- Tumi on sale, up to 40% off!
- Aquatalia boots on sale, some down to $199
- Caslon joggers on sale for $35 and up
- (I’m always on the hunt for these — some great belts for dresses on sale!)
The post Coffee Break: Nude-For-You Fishnet Tights appeared first on Corporette.com.